Thursday, November 1, 2007

Salesmanship


Tobias Wong, dreams


Holger Beisitzer, balloons

I'm slowly setting up an etsy site, but I keep getting stuck. Why do I make things? Should I be adding to the consumer haze? Sure, my stuff is mostly made from recycled and repurposed materials, but does that make it better? I guess I should stop worrying about it. I make things because I like to; it makes me feel calm. But I thought I'd share some salesmen with a little more panache than myself.

Tobias Wong has done a number of interesting projects, and this one is especially nice. I would totally buy a dream from him. Would it be one of my dreams inside that bag, or one of his?

The second image is Holger Beisitzer; I think this piece is called "What Set You Free (Rebel Yell)." I came across it while doing a bit of research about recycling and rethinking materials. I think it's funny because even though we all know these are bags (not so glamorous), we can accept them as balloons (magical!). And everyone knows that balloons are worth a buck.

No comments: