Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stefan Sagmeister



I just got the new Stefan Sagmeister book, "Things I Have Learned In My Life So Far," which I had seen on some other blog recently. I didn't really read the article, but I stared at the cover art for a really long time. I found the book the other day at a bookstore in Potrero Hill and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I like everything about this guy - his perspective, his execution, the way her writes - and the lovely chapbook-style packaging is an added bonus. Each booklet talks about one or two of his recent projects (he creates sentences out of unusual materials or circumstances), and the backstory adds a lot to each of the pieces.

Here's one of the pieces on his website: Being Not Truthful Works Against Me.

And here he is at the TED Talks!

I don't know what it is, but this man's work has profoundly changed me. I hope you'll take a look.

No comments: