Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sound and Image

I haven't watched music videos in a while, so the other day while sewing I clicked around on Pitchfork and found some I like:


Tortoise - Prepare Your Coffin



You can tell, almost instantly, that this is San Francisco. The wires, the bumpy BART walls, that church in Japantown. I like the mix of action and still photography - it works well with the song and helps you to see the photographer's perspective. Nicely done!

Royksopp - The Girl and the Robot (feat. Robyn)



Robyn always wears the craziest things...things that inspire me to branch out a little. Look at those earrings! Ah! I also like the part where the scientist/salesman winks at the other guy. Oh yeah.

Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks

Two Weeks


I saw this on stereogum. It's so strange, and so beautiful. Unco!

No comments: