Monday, October 26, 2009

Mieke Willems

I have been reading this blog for the past few years, marveling at the beautiful things these two girls have collected, made and discovered. Their images have inspired some of my sewing projects, and I decided I had to go to Antwerp to see the shop they opened a while back. With no online store, it seemed like they were beckoning me: come, shop, explore. I like specialty stores that only exist in one place - it's a destination, a sight to be seen.

So I booked a flight, and got to see the shop and buy some lovely handmade things. And when I got home - poof! - they opened a webshop so everyone can buy their wares. I think it was a bit of magic - if the shop had opened sooner, I might not have discovered all sorts of other nice things in Antwerp.

No comments: